RPEA Testifies Before the Joint Fiscal Committes of the Legislature
CHANGES TO THE RPEA CONSTITUTION, BY-LAWS, MODEL CHAPTER BY-LAWS
Click Below To Review Proposed Changes
Welcome to RPEA
The Retired Public Employees Association represents the interests of retirees from government service in New York – retirees from State service as well as Counties, Cities, Towns, Villages and School Districts across New York.
We are working hard to make sure that the retirement income and benefits our members earned while in public service are safe.
We cannot allow a negative political or economic climate, either at the State or local level, reduce or destroy what our members earned.
RPEA has been doing this effectively for over 40 years and we are good at it. In fact, we are the only organization whose single purpose is the interests of public service retirees.
Real Answers From Real People: When you have a question or concern call us. You won’t get caught in an endless automated voice loop – you will be connected to a friendly, knowledgeable Member Services Representative. It’s just one of the ways to show you that you are our only business. Call us at 1-800-726-7732
Who We Are and What We Do
You may not have heard of us while you were working-we're not a labor union. Once you get to know us, however, you'll learn why RPEA is often called "the best kept secret in government". Retirees know and love us! As a matter of fact, the overwhelming number of members that join RPEA renew their memberships again and again.Our headquarters is in the State Capital-making it convenient for us to work with state legislators. Our Staff are mostly government retirees sharing the same concerns all of us face in our lives. RPEA has 19 Chapters in NewYork, Florida, and in the Carolinas.
What Can RPEA Do For You?
- Provide you with easy access to up-to-date information about issues that affect you. RPEA publishes a sixteen page bimonthly newsletter and maintains this site to provide you with important news and keep you informed of our lobbying efforts on your behalf.
- Fight to protect your retirement benefits. RPEA was the leader in successfully lobbying for the historic permanent pension cost of living adjustment (COLA) to improve your future pension benefits. Now we are fighting for legislation to keep the State and local governments from unfairly cutting health insurance benefits for their retirees. And as a recognized strong advocacy voice for retirees before members of New York State's Congressional delegation, we are working vigorously to protect your future Social Security and Medicare benefits.
- Assure quick access to personal assistance with your questions and concerns about your pension or health care coverage. RPEA offers e-mail and toll free telephone access to its member services specialists who are experienced in working personally with members to resolve problems as quickly and easily as possible.
- Offer useful and valuable member benefits! RPEA offers many membership benefits such as dental plans (including GHI Preferred), vision care programs, and discounts on auto, homeowners and long term care insurance.
- Sponsor informative and enjoyable activities! The regional chapters in New York State, Florida and in the Carolina's provide numerous opportunities to socialize with your fellow retirees, some of who may be your friends and former colleagues, at informative programs and during interesting trips and activities.
RPEA delivers cost-effective services to our members through efforts of a competent staff and a host of active dedicated volunteers- your fellow retirees. There is strength in numbers.Become a member and join the effort. An annual membership is $30.00. That's an investment of only $2.50 a month to protect and advance your interests at both the State and Federal levels of government. Just click on JOIN at the top of this page and you'll have instant access to membership application. Or, feel free to call us and talk to a real person, at (518) 869-2542 or toll free at (800) 726-7732.
RPEA Retired Public Employees Association, 435 New Karner Road, Albany, NY 12205, (518) 869-2542 or toll-free (800) 726-7732